Keep a record of all your achievements.
- List of projects worked on and your role in them.
- Your position description for that project (may be different to your official job description). You may be listed as a graduate engineer but because of staff shortages you could be assigned to manage a project. If that means you are listed as the project manager to clients, then certainly record that role.
- Record the length of time in each role.
- Roles you played in the project
- Design manager
- Site engineer
- Site design engineer
- Project manager etc
- Skills, knowledge, and experience you have gained. E.g.
- Risk analysis
- Specific machine experience
- Commissioning of certain things
- Also record the number of people you managed and their roles.
This assists with resource allocation for future projects (tenders)
It also assists with annual performance reviews (your career)