Document all changes, variations, agreements etc. If it is done verbally, put it in writing and send to the person involved. Make sure the client / stakeholder is sent this documentation.
- This will protect yourself and your company in the event of disagreement or a claim.
- It will clarify intentions.
- Important for QA documentation, and for scope adherence, and legal.
- Get approval in writing for changes or variations.
- Document on the assumption that “if it’s not in writing, it didn’t happen”.
- At least prepare a written confirmation of verbal instructions and copy to the client.
- Document your efforts to meet client goals.
- Get and distribute copies of minutes of meetings with the client.