If you set a task for someone to update or change a document, you should clarify:
- What the purpose of the document is
- Who it is for, who will then use it or read it
- Who else will be altering it
- What is its priority over other documents (if info is different, which takes precedence?).
A person may be tasked with updating information in a spreadsheet. When they have done so, what do they do with it?
- Leave it on the server?
- Inform certain people it is altered?
- Move it to a “completed” folder?
Much of this information could be kept as a second work sheet in the spreadsheet.